商务英语即听即说
上QQ阅读APP看书,第一时间看更新

CHAPTER 1 日常交际

1 建立联系

你一定要会说的场景句

1.真想不到在这儿见到你!

Fancy meeting you here!

2.关于分部的事我想和你好好谈谈。

I want to discuss the sub-department problem with you.

3.我们希望安排在6月2号。

We would like to meet with you on June 2nd.

4.恐怕不得不改期。

I’m afraid the appointment will have to be rescheduled.

5.我是华夏粮油食品公司的。

I am from Huaxia Cereal Food Company.

6.我能问你一个问题吗?

May I ask you a question?

7.不过恐怕周六不行。

I’m afraid I can’t be available on Saturday.

8.欢迎诸位来到我们工厂。

Welcome to our factory.

9.我有一件小礼品要送给你。

Here is a little gift for you.

10.航班延误几小时。

The flight was delayed several hours.

11.衷心祝贺贵国国庆!

My sincere congratulations on your National Day!

12.我无法忍受她的傲慢。

I can’t stand her arrogance.

13.很抱歉。

I feel sorry.

14.谢谢你告诉我那家公司信誉不良。

Thank you for informing me of the bad credit of the company.

15.恐怕我得走了。

I’m afraid that I have to go.

意外见面

A:Morning,Bob.Fancy meeting you here!早上好,鲍勃。真想不到在这儿见到你!

B:Morning,Jenny.Haven’t seen you for ages!早上好,珍妮,好久没见到你了!

延伸 Glad to meet you here.很高兴在这里见到你。

Good to see you again.很高兴再次见到你。

How nice to see you again.真高兴又见到你了。

I’m glad/happy/pleased to meet you,Mr.Smith.很高兴见到您,史密斯先生。

It’s a pleasure1 to meet you,Mr.Tom.很高兴见到您,汤姆先生。

见面谈谈

A:I want to discuss the sub-department problem with you.If possible,can you tell me when you will be available?关于分部的事我想和你好好谈谈。不知您何时方便?

B:How about next Tuesday?I am quite busy this week.下个星期二怎么样呢?这周我很忙。

延伸 Could we get together and discuss2 it a little more?我们能不能聚在一起,再讨论一下这件事?

Could we meet and discuss the matter in a little more detail?我们能不能碰个面,再讨论一下这件事的细节?

I wonder if it would be possible for us to meet at your earliest convenience.如果方便的话,我们能否尽早和您见面?

Could I see you sometime this week?我能不能在这个星期的某个时候见见您?

约定时间

A:We would like to meet with you on June 2nd.Is that all right with you?我们希望安排在6月2日与您见面。您方便吗?

B:June 2nd is fine with me.6月2日我没有问题。

延伸 What time would be convenient for3 you?您什么时间方便呢?

When can we meet4 to talk?我们什么时候可以见面谈一谈?

场景词汇

1 pleasure 高兴 2 discuss 讨论

3 be convenient for 对……方便 4 meet 见面

Please call on1 me anytime that suits you.请在任何您方便的时候来找我。

关于约会

A:Good morning.Textile Import & Export Company.早晨好,纺织品进出口公司。

B:Hello,this is Jack.I’m calling about the appointment with Mr.Zhang this afternoon.Something has just come up.I’m afraid the appointment will have to be rescheduled.I’m very sorry about the change.您好,我是杰克。是关于和张先生今天下午会面的事。发生了一件意想不到的事,恐怕约会不得不改期了。很抱歉。

延伸 I’m afraid I’ll have to postpone2 our appointment.恐怕我必须将我们的约会延期。We’ve decided to put it off3.我们决定推迟约会。

We’ll have to make it some other time.Is that all right?我们不得不另约时间,您看行吗?

Would you like to reschedule4 the appointment?您想重新约个时间吗?

相互介绍

A:I am from Huaxia Cereal Food Company.I am Wang Jun.This is my business card.How do you do?我是华夏粮油食品公司的,我叫王军。这是我的名片,您好。

B:How do you do?But,what can I do for you?您好。请问您有什么事?

延伸 Hi,my name is John,Vice President of United Public Relations.

嗨,您好。我是约翰,联合公关公司副总裁。

May I have your name?请问您怎么称呼?

May I introduce5 myself?我能自我介绍一下吗?

Allow me to make a brief introduction of myself.请允许我简短地介绍一下自己。

It is with great pleasure to introduce Mr.Stanley Young to you,Assistant Manager of

General Electric.我很高兴向诸位介绍通用电器公司副经理,斯坦利·杨先生。

提出请求

A:Excuse me;may I ask you a question?对不起,我能问你一个问题吗?

B:Sure.What is it?当然可以。什么问题?

延伸 Would you do me a favor6?请帮我个忙,行吗?

场景词汇

1 call on 拜访 2 postpone 推迟

3 put sth.off 推迟…… 4 reschedule 重约

5 introduce 介绍 6 do sb.a favor 帮某人忙

I’d rather you didn’t tell him.我希望你不要告诉他。

I’m sorry to bother1 you,but may I use your telephone?对不起,打扰了,我能用一下你的电话吗?

Help me dish2 up the dinner,will you,please?请帮我上菜,好吗?

Do you mind3 if I make a call to Guangzhou?我往广州打个电话,您不介意吧?

I beg your pardon4?请再说一遍,好吗?

谢绝邀约

A:We’re having some friends round for a party next Saturday,Paul.We’d be very glad if you could come.保罗,我们下周六请一些朋友来家里聚会。如果你能来,我们会非常高兴的。

B:Well,that’s very kind of you,but I’m afraid I can’t be available on Saturday.I’ve got something else on.哦,你请我去太好了。不过恐怕周六不行,我有其他事儿要做。

延伸 I’m afraid I’ve already promised5 to meet Jeremiah this evening.But thank you all the same.我已经答应今晚同杰里迈亚见面了。不过我还是要谢谢你。

Thank you very much for asking me,but I feel rather tired.谢谢你邀请我,不过我感觉很累。

Unfortunately,I’ll have to attend a conference that day.不凑巧,那天我得出席一个会议。

拜访参观

A:Welcome to our factory.My name is Jianghai and I’ll show you around here.First we’ll take a look at the workshop which produces food thermometers.This way,please.欢迎诸位来到我们工厂。我叫江海,由我来带大家参观。首先,我们去看生产食品温度计的车间。请这边来。

B:Has all the work done by men been replaced by automatic computers?手工操作全部变成计算机自动控制了吗?

延伸 Let me take you around the factory.让我带您到工厂四处看看。

I hope you found the trip informative.希望您会觉得此次参观很有收获。

What did you think of6 our factory?您认为我们的工厂怎么样?

Having seen the showroom and our factory,what’s your overall impression?您已经看了我们的陈列室和工厂,总的印象如何?

场景词汇

1 bother 打扰 2 dish 上菜 3 mind 介意

4 beg one’s pardon 请某人原谅 5 promise 承诺 6 think of 认为

I was impressed very much with them.它们给我留下了很深的印象。

礼尚往来

A:It’s very kind of you to say so,but really,I don’t think I have done enough.

非常感谢您能这样夸奖我,但我确实认为我做得很不够。

B:Oh,you’ve done an excellent job.Here is a little gift for you and I hope you’ll like it.哦,你做得很出色。我有一件小礼品要送给你,希望你能喜欢。

延伸 John,I present this gift as a token1 of our appreciation for what you’ve done for us.约翰,我用这个礼物作为象征,对你为我们所做的一切表示感谢。

I just did what I should have done.我只是做了分内该做的事。

Mr.Smith,here is a little gift from our corporation for you as a token of our friendship too.史密斯先生,我这也有一个我们公司送给您的小礼物,让它作为我们友谊的象征吧。

I really appreciate your thoughtful gift and I will always treasure2 it.真诚感谢您赠送这么好的礼物,我将永远珍藏它。

飞机延误

A:Did you have a good flight?您旅途愉快吗?

B:Not bad.There was a dense fog in London,so the flight was delayed for several hours.还好。由于伦敦大雾,导致航班延误了几小时。

延伸 The storm held up our flight for 40 minutes.暴风雨使我们的航班延误了40分钟。

Harbin to Shenyang flights were delayed for up to 3 hours.哈尔滨至沈阳航班延误时间长达3小时。

Bin battles can delay flights and leave customers frustrated3.行李箱之争会导致航班延误,让乘客不满。

温馨祝福

A:My sincere congratulations on your National Day! May your people enjoy prosperity!衷心祝贺贵国国庆!祝贵国人民生活富足!

B:Thank you.And I hope the friendly relations between our two companies will continue to develop.谢谢,希望我们两公司的友好关系能继续发展。

延伸 I sincerely would like to express my congratulations to China for hosting the Olympic Games.我对中国举办奥运会表示衷心祝贺。

场景词汇

1 token 象征 2 treasure 珍藏

3 frustrated 失意的,挫败的

I congratulate1 you wholeheartedly for your blissful marriage.我衷心祝贺你们婚姻幸福。

Allow me to congratulate you on your anniversary.让我祝贺你们的周年纪念日。

The very best of luck with you.祝你顺利。

Happy landing.祝你平安着陆。

Please give my best wishes to2 your parents.请代我向你的父母致意。

The very best of luck in your business.祝你事业顺利。

抱怨态度

A:I can’t stand her arrogance.She looks down upon everybody.我无法忍受她的傲慢。她谁都瞧不起。

B:Maybe it’s her nature.也许这是她的本性。

延伸 That really is the limit! 简直忍无可忍了!

I can’t stand3 it any more.我再也不能忍受了。

How dare you speak to me like that! 你竟敢这样对我说话!

How could you be so rude?你怎么可以这么粗鲁呢?

真诚道歉

A:I feel sorry,but I’ve just broken your ashtray.很抱歉,我把你的烟灰缸给打碎了。

B:It’s nothing to get upset.没什么好抱歉的。

延伸 I do apologize4.我真的很抱歉。

I feel sorry indeed.真的对不起。

I do beg your pardon.真的对不起。

I’m awfully sorry about it.I assure you it won’t happen again.对这件事我很抱歉,我向你保证这种事不会再发生了。

Sorry for being late.对不起,迟到了。

I assure you it was not deliberate5.请相信我,这不是故意的。

There’s no reason toapologize for6 such a trifie thing.没有理由为这么一桩小事而道歉。

场景词汇

1 congratulate 祝贺 2 give one’s best wishes to… 向……表达祝愿

3 stand 忍受 4 apologize 道歉

5 deliberate 故意的 6 apologize for 为……而道歉

当面感谢

A:Thank you for informing me of the bad credit of the company.谢谢你告诉我那家公司信誉不良。

B:My pleasure.不用客气。

延伸 Thanks again.再次感谢。

I’m much obliged1 to you.我非常感谢您。

I’m very grateful to you.我真的非常感谢您。

I really don’t know how I can thank you enough.我真不知道怎样谢您才好。

Thank you for your kindness.谢谢您的好意。

You are very helpful.您真帮了我的大忙。

I do appreciate your timely help.非常感谢您的及时帮助。

道别告辞

A:Im afraid that I have to go now.恐怕我得走了。

B:Can’t you delay your return a little bit?你就不能晚点儿再回去吗?

延伸 It’s time2 we were off.我们该走了。

I’m afraid I’ve got to go now.恐怕我现在该走了。

I think it’s about time I was off.我想我差不多该走了。

Well,I must be going now.嗯,我现在必须走了。

Well,I guess I have to be going.哦,我想我得走了。

I must be running along.我必须走了。

场景词汇

1 obliged 感谢的 2 It’s time… 是……的时候了

CHAPTER 1 日常交际

2 电话沟通

你一定要会说的场景句

1.她现在不在。

She is not in right now.

2.她现在没空接电话。

She is not available at the moment.

3.不在,他出去吃午饭了。

No,he’s out for lunch.

4.这里没有叫那个名字的人。

There is no one here by that name.

5.我可以替你转告吗?

May I take a message for you?

6.那我可以留话给她吗?

May I leave her a message then?

7.我要挂电话了。

I’d better go now.

8.可以大声点吗?

Would you speak a little louder?

9.你听得到我说话吗?

Can you hear me?

10.接线员,我要打一个私人电话给郑州市的郑军。

Operator,I want to make a person-to-person call to Zheng Jun in Zhengzhou.

11.我要打一个对方付费的电话到香港。

I’d like to have you to place a collect call for me to Hong Kong.

12.不知道您和您丈夫能不能赏光?

I wonder if you and your husband can join us.

13.现在可以预约门诊吗?

May I make an appointment for outpatient service now?

14.谢谢您的电话。

Thanks for calling.

15.能帮个忙吗?

Could you do me a favor?

找的人不在

A:May I speak to Miss Chen?我可以跟陈小姐讲话吗?

B:She is not in right now.She went to the gym with her friends.她现在不在,她和她的朋友去健身房了。

延伸 She is out1 for lunch right now.她现在外出吃午饭了。

When is a good time to2 catch him?什么时候可以找到他?

I’m not sure when he’ll be back.我不知道他何时会回来。

没空接电话

A:I’m trying to catch Mary,please.我想与玛丽联络。

B:She is not available at the moment.她现在没空接电话。

延伸 She is not available at the moment.她现在没空(接电话)。

She is busy now.她正在忙。

She is not able to take your call at the moment.她现在没办法接你的电话。

He is busy with3 someone right now.他现在正忙着会客。

替接电话

A:Is Bob in?鲍勃在吗?

B:No,he’s out for lunch.May I take a message?不在,他出去吃午饭了。要留话吗?

延伸 Is there anything I can do for you?有什么事我可以效劳吗?

I’m sorry; he is busy at the moment.很抱歉,他现在正忙。

Shall I have her call you back?要不要我转告她回您电话?

Would you hold on4 for a moment?能不能请您稍候?

Ask her if I can call her back later.问问她我是否可以稍后再回电话给她。

And the name of the person you’re calling,please?请问您要通话的人叫什么名字?

打错电话

A:May I please speak to Ling Ling?我可以跟玲玲讲话吗?

B:There is no one here by that name.这里没有叫那个名字的人。

延伸 I think you have the wrong number.我想你一定是打错电话了。

Are you sure you are dialing the right number?你确定你拨的号码是对的吗?

No one lives here by that name.这里没有人叫那个名字。

I’m sorry.I dialed5 the wrong number.对不起,我拨错电话号码了。

场景词汇

1 be out 外出 2 be a good time to 是……的好时间

3 be busy with 忙于…… 4 hold on 稍候,不挂断(电话)

5 dial 拨打

带话

A:Manager Wang is not in right now.May I take a message for you?王经理现在不在,我可以替你转告吗?

B:Yes.Could you please ask him to call me at the Beijing Hotel,Room No.514.好,请转告他打电话给我,好吗?在北京饭店514号房。

延伸 Mr.Chen is out at the moment.Would you like to leave a message?陈先生出去了。您要留话吗?

Mr.Chen is away from his desk.Can I take a message?陈先生不在办公室。您要留话吗?

Would you tell her to give Mr.Zhang a call when she gets back?She has my number.

她回来后,你能不能告诉她给张先生打个电话?她有我的电话号码。

Could you inform1 him that I can be reached at school?请告知他在学校能和我联络上,好吗?

Would you ask her to call Manager Liu at 52127607?请你让她给刘经理打个电话,好吗?电话号码是52127607。

留言

A:I’m sorry,but she is with someone right now.抱歉。她正在会客。

B:I see.May I leave her a message then?哦,那我可以留话给她吗?

延伸 I’d like to leave a message for him,if you don’t mind.你若不介意的话,我想留话给他。

Can I leave him a voice mail?我可以在他的语音信箱里留话吗?

Can you give him a message for me?你能替我带个话给他吗?

Would you please tell me how your last name is spelled,sir?先生,能否告诉我您的姓怎么拼写?

Please tell him that Chen Yong tried to contact2 him.请你转告他,陈勇正设法跟他联系。

结束电话

A:I’m calling to ask you some questions about Susan.You know her,don’t you?

我打电话是想问一些关于苏珊的事。你了解她,对吧?

B:Sure.Oh,sorry,Mike,I’d better go now.当然知道。噢,抱歉,迈克,我要挂电话了。

延伸 Sorry,I have to say goodbye.我不得不说再见了。

I’ll think about it and call you back soon,OK?我考虑一下,回头我尽快打电话给你,好吗?

Same here,bye-bye.我也是,再见。

场景词汇

1 inform 通知 2 contact 联系

听不清楚

A:Who?I can’t hear you well.Would you speak a little louder?哪一位?我听不太清楚,可以大声点吗?

B:Oh,I’m sorry.I am calling from a pay phone and it’s noisy here.I’ll call you back from my room in two minutes.抱歉,我是打的公用电话,这里太吵了。我回房间,两分钟后再打给你。

延伸 Could you speak louder,please?你能大声点讲吗?

Could you speak a little louder?您能大声点吗?

Can you speak more loudly?你能稍大声点吗?

能听到吗

A:Can you hear me?你听得到我说话吗?

B:Hello.I can’t hear you too well.喂,我听不太清楚。

延伸 Are you having trouble hearing me?你能听清楚我的声音吗?

I can’t hear you very clearly.我听得不是很清楚。

I’m sorry I can’t hear you.Can you hang up1 and call back?对不起,我听不清。

您把电话挂了,然后再打过来,可以吗?

There’s a problem with our connection.I’ll call you back right away.我们这儿的线路有问题。我立即给你回电。

I’m afraid we have a crossed2 line.我们的电话可能串线了。

长途电话

A:Operator,I want to make a person-to-person call to Zheng Jun in Zhengzhou.The number is 7976443.接线员,我要打一个私人电话给郑州市的郑军。电话号码是7976443。

B:That’s 7976443,Zheng Jun.7976443,郑军。

延伸 I need to contact Zheng Jun using a person-to-person call.我需要和郑军联络,用私人电话的方式。

Overseas Operator.May I be of service to you?国际长途电话台,有什么可以为您效劳的吗?

I want to make a station-to-station call to Macao.我要打一个叫号电话到澳门。

Long Distance.What can I help you?长途电话台。需要帮忙吗?

场景词汇

1 hang up 挂断 2 crossed 交叉的

对方付费

A:Long Distance.What can I do for you?长途电话台,能为您效劳吗?

B:Hello,Operator.I’d like to have you place a collect call for me to Hong Kong.The number is 76311380.你好,接线员。我要打一个对方付费的电话到香港,电话号码是76311380。

延伸 I want to make a collect call to Hong Kong.我想往香港打个对方付费电话。

I need to contact using a collect call to Hong Kong.我需要往香港打个对方付费电话。

Could you make a collect call to Hong Kong for me?你能为我拨个对方付费电话到香港吗?

I want to use my card for this call.我想用我的电话信用卡打这个电话。

l’d like to place this on my credit card.我想用信用卡记账。

电话邀请

A:l’m doing fine,too.Well,Miss Huang,we are planning to have a casual get-together,and I wonder if you and your husband can join us.我也很好。嗯,黄小姐,我们打算小聚一番,不知道您和您丈夫能不能赏光?

B:That sounds very nice.When will it be?听起来真不错,什么时候呢?

延伸 We’re organizing1 an informal party,and I’d like you to come.我们计划组织一次非正式的聚会,我想请你参加。

We’re having a small to-do,and I’d really be happy if you can come.我们打算热闹一下,我真心地希望您能赏光。

We’ll have a small party,and I’d like to ask if you can come.我们准备组织一次小型聚会,我想问一下你能否赏光?

We have another event to attend on the same day.那天我们有其他活动要参加。

I need to make an appointment to discuss a question.我需要约个时间讨论一个问题。

I’d like to meet Miss Xu sometime.我想找个时间跟徐小姐见面。

场景词汇

1 organize 组织

电话预约

A:Dr Lees office.李医生诊所。

B:Hello.I have a bad headache and I’d like to see the doctor at the earliest possible time.May I make an appointment for outpatient service now?喂,我头痛得很厉害,我想尽快看医生。现在可以预约门诊吗?

延伸 I’d like to set up a doctor’s appointment as soon as possible.Can I set it up now?我想尽快预约门诊。现在可以预约吗?

Would two o’clock be acceptable1?2点合适吗?

Does two o’clock sound alright?2点行吗?

How about nine tonight?今晚9点怎么样?

感谢来电

A:OK,I see.好的,我知道了。

B:We look forward to serving you,Mr.Ramsay.Thanks for calling.我们恭候您的光临,拉姆齐先生。谢谢您的电话。

延伸 Thank you for calling.谢谢您打电话来。

电话求助

A:Barker’s Service Station.这里是巴克尔维修站。

B:Could you do me a favor?My car can’t start.Can you send someone here?

能帮个忙吗?我的车启动不了,能派人来修理吗?

延伸 Please help me get things straight.请帮我把事情做好。

I don’t know how to solve the problem.Will you help me out?我不知道该怎么解决这个问题。你能帮助我解决吗?

Can you assist2 me in this matter?这件事您能协助我吗?

I’m in great need of3 your assistance.我特别需要您的帮助。

Would you help me for a minute,please?能帮我一下忙吗?

场景词汇

1 acceptable 合适的 2 assist 协助

3 in great need of 非常需要

CHAPTER 1 日常交际

3 日常交际

你一定要会说的场景句

1.这么说我们的广告很成功。

So our advertisements have been successful.

2.您会向我们收取多少费用?

How much do you charge us?

3.我可否用几分钟向您介绍我们的一些新产品?

May I have a few minutes of your time to let you know about a few of our newest products?

4.在同样的价格下,我们可以提供更好的产品质量。

We can offer a superior product at the same price as our competitors’ product.

5.您认为我们的产品在国际市场上具有足够的竞争力吗?

Do you think our products are competitive enough in the international market?

6.我带回去测试一下。

I bring it back and have it tested.

7.您是否知道目前的纺织品市场状况如何?

Do you have any idea how textile markets are going nowadays?

8.我们正在进行一项市场调查。

We are conducting a market research.

9.明天是最后期限。

The deadline is tomorrow.

10.5英尺长、6英尺宽的展位要1 000美元。

It costs $1,000 for a 5 feet by 6 feet booth.

11.我担心的是大厅内的装潢布置。

I am worried about the hall decoration.

12.我首次参加广交会。

This is my first visit to the Fair.

13.贵公司对我公司日前寄去的样品感兴趣吗?

Are you interested in the sample we sent to you a few days ago?

14.很长一段时间,我一直在考虑这个问题。

I have been thinking about this problem for a long time.

15.这是我们的询价单。

Here’s our inquiry list.

产品广告

A:I’m so happy to tell you that the initial results are excellent.We’re getting a lot of orders these days!很高兴告诉您初步效果非常好。这几天我们收到了许多订单!

B:So our advertisements have been successful.I’m glad to hear that.Once I help you start on the right foot,you will become a billionaire but not only a small account for my agency!这么说我们的广告很成功,听到这个我很高兴。一旦我帮您走上正轨,您会成为亿万富翁的,而不只是我的小客户。

延伸 She has also made plenty of advertisements which were very successful.她还制作了很多很成功的广告。

Advertising aims at telling information to potential1 customers and clients,and persuading the public to buy things.广告旨在向潜在顾客和客户传递信息,并劝说公众去购买。

Sometimes a company tries to build its corporate image2 through advertising.有时公司靠做广告来树立企业形象。

Electric advertising is quick,cheap and widespread.电子广告速度快、价格低,并且传播广。

广告费用

A:We’ll design an ad for you.我们会为你们设计广告。

B:How much do you charge us?您会向我们收取多少费用?

延伸 How much should you charge us?你会向我们收取多少费用啊?

How much is your budget for your ads?你们的广告预算是多少?

The social and cultural aspects must be taken into account in advertising too.做广告时还必须考虑社会和文化因素。

We usually make different commercials for each market.我们一般针对不同市场制作不同的广告。

新品介绍

A:Hello,my name is Jill.I’m with Natural Health Food Limited.May I have a few minutes of your time to let you know about a few of our newest products?您好,我是天然食品公司的吉尔。我可否用几分钟向您介绍我们的一些新产品?

场景词汇

1 potential 潜在的 2 corporate image 企业形象

B:Please show me your new product.请让我看看你们的新产品。

延伸 Do you have a prototype of your new product?有没有你们新产品的样品?

When is this product going to be on the market?这种产品何时上市?

Our new model car will be out1 next month.我们的新型车将在下个月上市。

Recently we’ve developed better technology.最近我们已开发出新技术。

We’ve now developed2 a new product.Would you like to see it?我们已经研制了一种新产品。您想看看吗?

I guess you’d like to see our most newly developed product.我想你还会想看看我们最新研制出的产品。

产品优势

A:How’s your product better than the competitors’?你们的产品优于其他竞争者的地方在哪儿?

B:We can offer a superior product at the same price as our competitors’ product.在同样的价格下,我们可以提供更好质量的产品。

延伸 How is your product better than the competitors’?你们的产品在哪些方面优于其他竞争产品?

Our product is above3 our rivals’ products and yet,we’re able to sell it at the same price.

我们的产品性能超过竞争对手的产品。而且,我们可以以同样的价格销售。

We can offer a superior product at the same price as our competitors’ products in the same class.我们可以提供与竞争对手相同的价格,但却更为优质的产品。

Its advantages are:compact construction,easy operation and maintenance,smooth reverse and long-range sprinkling.具有结构紧凑、操作与维护简便、转向灵活、便于保养和射程远等优点。

Our products are easier to operate4 than our competitors’.我们的产品比竞争对手的产品更容易操作。

场景词汇

1 be out 上市 2 develop 开发 3 above 在……之上

4 operate 操作 5 competitive 竞争的

产品竞争力

A:Do you think our products are competitive5 enough in the international market?您认为我们的产品在国际市场上具有足够的竞争力吗?

B:Price is yes,but in terms of its guaranteed service over a long period of time,I would say no.就物价来讲,是可以的。但就长期担保服务而言,我就要说不行了。

延伸 Everyone knows that there’ve been some major changes in our market over the last five years.大家都知道,五年来我们的市场发生了一些重大变化。

What kind of feedback did you get about your products and website?Take the time to conduct a simple competition analysis.关于你的产品和网站,你得到了什么样的反馈?抽空做一次简单的竞争力分析。

产品测试

A:I bring it back and have it tested.I’ll let you know the results at 10 a.m.,the day after tomorrow.我带回去测试一下,后天上午10点我会告诉您结果的。

B:Thank you.Oh,by the way,we’d like you to seal the sample after your confirmation to avoid unnecessary dispute.谢谢。哦,顺便提一下,我公司要贵公司确认后封样以避免不必要的纠纷。

延伸 I’ll test the product and tell you the results.我会测试本产品,并告知你结果。

At the same time the company provides match colors and product tests for the customer.公司同时为顾客提供配色和产品测试。

The quality is subject to1 ISO 9000 or GB/T 19000.品质符合ISO 9000标准或GB/T 19000标准。

产品调研

A:Do you have any idea how textile markets are going nowadays?您是否知道目前的纺织品市场状况如何?

B:Well,it is so-so,not too bright,not too dark,I should say.唔,马马虎虎,我应该说不很好,也不太坏。

延伸 By the way,how’s the market?对了,市场状况如何?

How is the technology of needled non-weave compounding and the development of the market?针刺无纺布复合技术及市场发展状况如何?

Their funds would be drawn down,regardless of2 the market conditions.不管市场状况如何,他们的资金都会缩水。

We forecast that the market for this kind of product will decline3 rapidly over the next several years.我们预测,今后几年,对于这种产品的需求将迅速下降。

场景词汇

1 be subject to 从属于 2 regardless of 不管,无论

3 decline 下降

市场调查

A:Why?为什么(要问我问题呢)?

B:We are conducting a market research.We want to know how many people use the Roman detergent.This information is used to plan the marketing policy so that no risks are involved in production.That is to say,our production will then be according to demand.我们正在进行一项市场调查。我们想知道多少人在使用罗曼洗涤剂。这条信息将用于规划我们的营销策略,以便在生产过程中不承担任何风险,也就是说,我们会根据需求来生产。

延伸 We’re carrying out the marketing survey.我们正在进行市场调查。

What’s the total amount of your annual sales1?你们每年的总销售量是多少?

Our last year turnover2 was $650,000,000.我们去年的总营业额是6.5亿美元。

Our sales were up twelve percent last year.我们去年的销售量提升了12个百分点。

Our brand of beer has a sixty percent share of the market.我们这种品牌的啤酒占了60%的市场份额。

It won’t be long before3 all Chinese know our product.用不了多久,全中国的人都会知道我们的产品。

展会时间

A:Excuse me,but when is the deadline for registration?打扰一下,登记参展的最后期限是什么时候?

B:The deadline4 is tomorrow.However,we can make an exception for overseas companies.明天是最后期限。不过,对外国公司,我们可以破例。

延伸 What are the hours of the trade show?商展的时间是几点到几点?

Does our booth need to be manned at all times?我们的展位是不是任何时间都要有人在?

Is there any way that we could have a spot in the middle somewhere?有没有办法帮我们找一个中间的展位呢?

场景词汇

1 annual sales 年销售额 2 turnover 营业额

3 won’t be long before 很快会…… 4 deadline 期限

展位大小

A:Hello.I am calling because I saw an ad in the Asian Wall Street Journal about your trade show.喂。我打电话来,是因为我在《亚洲华尔街日报》上看到了你们开商展的广告。

B:Yes.Let me give you the information about it.It’s in Washington on May 27th and 28th.It costs $1,000 for a 5 feet by 6 feet booth.是的。让我告诉您一些情况。商展于5月27日和28日在华盛顿举行。5英尺长、6英尺宽的展位要1000美元。

延伸 How large is the space that costs 100 Yuan?100元的展位有多大?

The price of every standard booth is 2,500 Yuan.标准展位的价格是2 500元。

Does this mean you won’t need the same-sized booth,then?这是否意味着你们不再需要同样大小的展位了?

The signed copy1 reserving you a booth will be notarized and then mailed to you.

预约展位的签名原件公证后会寄给您。

布置展会

A:Miss Zhang,how is the preparation for the fair?张小姐,展会布置得怎么样了?

B:I am worried about the hall decoration2.我担心的是大厅内的装潢布置。

A:Yes?怎么了?

延伸 Everything is OK?一切顺利吗?

Have you prepared the guidebook,which includes the introduction and schedule3 of the fair?手册准备好了吗?其中包括交易会的介绍和日程安排。

I’m afraid not.还没有。

参加展会

A:Welcome to Guangzhou Fair.欢迎光临广交会。

B:Great ! This is my first visit to the Fair.Everything is new to me.Would you please give me some information?太好了,我首次参加广交会,觉得一切都很新鲜,希望您能给我介绍一些情况。

延伸 This is my first time to participate in4 the Fair.这是我第一次参加广交会。

场景词汇

1 signed copy 签名原件 2 decoration 装饰,装潢

3 schedule 时间表,安排 4 participate in 参加

Do you have any printed materials on this product?你们有关于这种产品的说明书吗?

I’d like to direct you to see our showroom.Please look at our display products.我带您去陈列室看看。请看我们展出的产品。

Would you like to hear my presentation and let me show you how it works now?现在让我向您做产品介绍并进行产品演示,好吗?

I can assure1 you that it stands competition well.我可以向您保证它经得住竞争。

We specialize in audio-visual products,and we express our desire to trade2 with you in this line.我们专门生产视听产品,愿与贵方开拓这方面的业务。

Could you give me your name and address?请问您的姓名和地址?

Our company has a great interest in these carpets.我们公司对这些地毯很感兴趣。

样品展示

A:Are you interested in the sample we sent to you a few days ago?贵公司对我公司日前寄去的样品感兴趣吗?

B:Yes.I’ve brought a return sample for your confirmation.有兴趣。我带来了一份回样供贵公司确认。

延伸 This is our sample.这是我们的样品。

The goods we’ve provided are of fair average quality.我们提供的货物具有良好的平均品质。

Are you interested in our products?贵公司对我们的产品感兴趣吗?

Our brand3 name itself proves that the goods are of superior quality.我们的品牌本身证明该批货的品质是上乘的。

We insist4 that the maximum moisture of the white rice should not exceed 13%.我们坚持该批白籼米的水分含量最高不得超过13%。

拓展业务

A:Mr.Black,the market is saturated.I’m wondering why not develop a foreign market?布莱克先生,现在市场已趋于饱和。为什么我们不去开辟国外市场呢?

场景词汇

1 assure 保证 2 trade 交易,经商

3 brand 品牌 4 insist 坚持

B:I have been thinking about this problem for a long time,and I have sent market researchers to Asia.But so far they haven’t sent back any news.很长一段时间,我一直在考虑这个问题,而且我已经派市场调查员去亚洲了。但是迄今为止,我们还没收到任何消息。

延伸 I will be spending the summer in Britain testing the market.这个夏天我会在英国测试市场状况。

What is the economic situation1 like in your country at the moment?你们国家目前的经济形势怎么样?

The domestic market is saturated2.国内市场已经饱和。

Our products will be welcomed by the foreign market.我们的产品在国外会受到欢迎的。

询问价格

A:Here’s our inquiry list3.Please quote us your lowest price,CIF San Francisco.这是我们的询价单。请给我们报旧金山到岸价的最低价。

B:I’ll look into your requirements first and let you know our firm offer tomorrow.You’ll surely find our price very favorable4.我先把询价单研究一下,明天报实盘给您。您会发现我们的价格是非常优惠的。

延伸 You’ll find the required specifications and quantities all there.你会发现所需要的规格和数量都在上面。

All the prices in the lists are subject to our confirmation5.表单中的所有价格以我方最后确认的为准。

We’ll keep your order in mind6.When the next supply comes in,we’ll get in touch with you.我们会把你的订单放在心上的。等下批货一来,我们就与你联系。

Would you tell us what quantity you require so that we can work out the offer?为了便于我方提出报价,能否请你告知你方的需求数量?

场景词汇

1 economic situation 经济形势 2 saturated 饱和的

3 inquiry list 询价单 4 favorable 优惠的

5 confirmation 确认 6 keep...in mind 把……记在心上,记住

CHAPTER 1 日常交际

4 陪同客户

你一定要会说的场景句

1.我想做一个简短的介绍。

I would like to make a brief introduction.

2.贵公司现在一共有多少名员工呢?

How many employees are there in your company?

3.你订了去北京的机票吗?

Have you booked the flight to Beijing?

4.这里风景真美。

There is a beautiful view.

5.希望你能找个舞伴。

I hope you can find a partner.

6.我不懂你们饭桌上的礼节。

I know nothing of your table manners.

7.您很有名气。

You’re famous.

8.这也是我们的愿望。

This is also our hope.

9.我们马上准备报三种价。

We are planning to quote the three kinds right away.

10.太高了,我们无法接受。

Much higher for us to accept.

11.作为佣金代理商,我们是以佣金为基础做生意的。

As commission agents we do business on commission basis.

12.这次贵公司打算进行公开招标吗?

Is tender-opening done publicly?

13.我们会给贵方一整套投标文件。

We shall provide a complete set of tender documents for you.

14.我们会考虑指定您为我方丝绸衬衫在你方市场的独家代理,为期5年。

W e’ll consider appointing you as our sole agent for our silk shirts for the next five years in your local market.

15.谢谢你们两位把我送到机场来。

It was very nice of you both to take me to the airport.

公司介绍

A:Good morning,ladies and gentleman! First of all,I would like to make a brief introduction.The Sun Island is a three-star hotel,located in the north of Harbin.The hotel started in the early 1990s and has been doing well since then.We had a net profit of one million US dollars last year.早上好,女士们,先生们!首先,我想做一个简短的介绍。太阳岛宾馆是一家三星级宾馆,坐落在哈尔滨的北部。宾馆于20世纪90年代初开始营业,迄今经营情况良好。去年,我们的净利润为100万美元。

B:How can you achieve this when Harbin has so many five-star hotels?哈尔滨五星级宾馆那么多,你们是如何取得这个成绩的?

延伸 I heard about your company often.Your company is well-known all over the world.

我常听说有关贵公司的事。贵公司在全球很有名。

When was your company founded?贵公司是何时创立的?

Our company was established1 in 1913 as the first joint-venture company with a

Western partner.我们公司成立于1913年,是第一家与西方伙伴合资的公司。

Do you know who is the founder of Blue Print?你知道蓝图公司创始人是谁吗?

What was initially produced at that time?当初是制造什么产品呢?

公司员工

A:That is the end of our visit today.If you have any questions,just ask me.今天的参观就到此结束了。如果诸位还有什么问题的话,尽管提问。

B:OK.I have heard of the employee training project in your company.How many employees are there in your company?好的。我很早之前就听说过贵公司的员工培训计划。贵公司现在一共有多少名员工呢?

延伸 The catalogues2 will give you a good idea of the products we handle.这些样本目录会使你对我们经营的产品有一个很好的了解。

Can you tell me something about your company?您能不能告诉我有关贵公司的一些情况?

It’s now one of the biggest manufacturers3 of medicine in our country.它现在是我国药品行业中最大的制造厂家之一。

We will get more next year as our new production line is put into operation.随着新生产线的投产,我们明年将会获得更多的份额。

场景词汇

1 establish 建立 2 catalogue 目录

3 manufacturer 制造业者,制造商

出差

A:I’ve sent a fax to Beijing,telling them that you will arrive at 10 a.m.,the day after tomorrow.我刚给北京发了传真,告诉他们您将在后天上午10点钟到达。

B:Good.Have you booked the flight to Beijing?好的。你订了去北京的机票吗?

延伸 How many members are there in your party in all?和您同行的人共有多少?

We are five in all,with Mr.Smith as our leader.我们总共有5人,史密斯先生是我们的领队。

Is there any place in particular1 you’d like us to see?您觉得有什么特别的地方我们要去看看吗?

Shall we have time for the International Fair?我们有时间去参观一下国际博览会吗?

陪同观光

A:Yes,there is a beautiful view.You can go fishing,camping and also enjoy this beautiful clean air.是的,这里风景真美。人们可以在这里钓鱼、露营、享受清新的空气。

B:It definitely is a nice place far away from the polluted and crowded city.无疑,这是一个使人们远离污染、拥挤的城市的好地方。

延伸 Canada is very mountainous.加拿大是一个多山的国家。

Are there any places of renown in this state?这个州有何名胜?

Would you please recommend2 some scenic spots to see here?您给我推荐一些这儿值得游览的风景区,好吗?

What other notable features are there?那儿有其他著名景点吗?

Canadian families have a lot of leisure time.加拿大的家庭有许多闲暇时间。

Family camping3 seems to be popular.家庭野营似乎很受人欢迎。

场景词汇

1 in particular 尤其,特别 2 recommend 推荐

3 camping 野营

参加舞会

A:I’ll sit here,enjoying music,if you don’t mind.I hope you can find a partner.如果你不介意的话,我就坐在这儿欣赏音乐。希望你能找个舞伴。

B:We shall see! Oh hello,Miss Shirley,how nice to see you.Can I have the pleasure of this dance?我去试试吧!啊,你好,雪莉小姐,见到你真高兴。我可以请你跳舞吗?

延伸 Do you dance?您跳舞吗?

I prefer1 soft music.我更喜欢听轻音乐。

We can meet at the Dinner’s Club for drinks.我们可以在迪纳俱乐部会面喝点东西。

I don’t like raps or rock and roll myself.我自己不太喜欢说唱或摇滚音乐。

Will you honor me with a dance?能否赏光跳支舞?

陪同吃饭

A:Thank you,Mr.Wang.I’m really somewhat nervous now.I know nothing of your table manners.It would be in bad taste for a guest to make blunders.

谢谢,王先生,我现在真的有些不安了。我不懂你们饭桌上的礼节。如果客人失礼了,那就难堪了。

B:Don’t worry,Mr.Blair.As for table manners,there is only one rule you must observe.That is to make yourself at home.不用担心,布莱尔先生。至于席间的礼节,您只要遵守一条原则就行了:就像在家里一样,不用客气。

延伸 Mr.Blair,which do you prefer,Brandy,Mao-Tai or wine?布莱尔先生,您喝哪一种酒?白兰地,茅台,还是葡萄酒?

Brandy and Mao-Tai are too strong for me.Just a glass of dry red wine,please.白兰地和茅台度数太高了,我不行。来杯干红就行了。

Would you like to use chopsticks or knife and fork,Mr.Blair?您用筷子还是刀叉,布莱尔先生?

I think I’ll try chopsticks and see if I can manage.我想试试筷子,看看行不行。

Ah,here comes the first course.Please tell me what it is.啊,第一道菜端来了。告诉我,这是什么菜?

It is chicken soup.At a restaurant that serves Guangdong dishes,we usually start off with soup.这是一道鸡汤。在供应广东菜的餐馆里,我们一顿饭通常从喝汤开始。

陪同开会

A:You don’t need to introduce yourself,Yang.You’re famous.杨先生,您不需要自我介绍,您很有名气。

场景词汇

1 prefer 更喜欢

B:Well,thank you very much but I thought I’d try and chair the meeting by the rule—at least for a while.那真是谢谢你了。但是我想我该尽力依照规矩来主持这个会议,即使时间很短。

延伸 We’re not prepared to accept your proposal at this time.我们这次不准备接受你们的提议。

We’d like to discuss the details of the contract at our next meeting.我们希望下次开会时能讨论合同的细节问题。

Could you explain1 that in more detail?你能否更详细地说明一下?

We may probably arrange2 another meeting.我们或许可以安排另一次会议。

扩大合作

A:We hope to enlarge our cooperation in the future.希望今后能进一步扩大与贵方的合作。

B:This is also our hope.这也是我们的愿望。

延伸 We hope to expand3 our business with you.我们希望扩大与你们的业务往来。

We believe in the long-term cooperation with4 your company because we view the future as bright.我们相信与贵公司长期合作的前途是光明的。

We’ll try our best to widen our business relationship with you.我们将尽力扩大同你们的贸易关系。

We’re willing to restore our business relationship.我们将尽力保持同你们的贸易关系。

We often express our interest in investing in Canada.我们一直对在加拿大投资很感兴趣。

商讨价格

A:In that case,we will follow your instructions.We are planning to quote the three kinds right away.这样的话,就照你的意思办吧。我们马上准备报三种价。

B:I am sorry for bothering you.In order to have leading time,please offer us the lowest price of CIF Dalian because we hope to get the deal done as soon as possible.麻烦你了。为了争取时间,请报CIF大连的最低价格,因为我们希望尽快达成交易。

延伸 We hope you would quote us your most favorable firm offer.希望报给我们最优惠的实盘。

场景词汇

1 explain 解释 2 arrange 安排

3 expand 扩大 4 cooperation with 和……的合作

Is this your final offer or is the offer negotiable?这是你们的最后报盘还是可商议报盘?

All the prices on the list are subject to1 our call confirmation.表上所列价格以我方电话确认为准。

拒绝降价

A:Your price is rather out of line.Much higher for us to accept.你方价格与行情不符。太高了,我们无法接受。

B:Our price is lower compared with that of the same kind of product on the international market.It’s very competitive.我们的价格低于国际市场上的同类产品,很有竞争性。

延伸 We cannot take anything off the price.我们不能再降价了。

We’ve already cut down2 our prices to the cost level.我们已经将价格降到成本水平了。

There is no room for any reduction in price.价格毫无再降的余地了。

This is our rock-bottom price.这是我们的最低价格了。

What I mean is that the gap between your price and ours is too great.我的意思是说,我们之间的价格差距太大了。

I’m afraid that there is no room to negotiate3 the price.恐怕价格没有商量的余地了。

佣金问题

A:As commission agents we do business on commission basis.作为佣金代理商,我们是以佣金为基础做生意的。

B:We usually allow no commission.If your order is large enough,we’ll consider it.我公司通常不给佣金。如订货量大,我公司会考虑的。

延伸 How much commission will you give?你方愿意给多少佣金?

Is it possible to increase the commission to 4%?是否有可能把佣金提高到4%呢?

Even a 6% commission is not high.即使6%的佣金都不算高。

A 2% commission is not enough,is it?2%的佣金是不是少了点儿?

If you are prepared to4 increase the commission to 5%,we will order extra 2,000 cases.如果你们能将佣金提高到5%,我们将再订购2000套。

场景词汇

1 be subject to 以……为准 2 cut down 降低

3 negotiate 商量 4 be prepared to 愿意

公司招标

A:Is tender-opening done publicly?这次贵公司打算进行公开招标吗?

B:Yes,tender-opening is done publicly this time.All the bidders shall be invited to join us to supervise the opening.是的,我们这次采用公开招标。到时候请投标人参加,监督开标。

延伸 We expect to send the bidding announcement at the beginning of next month.我们预计下月初发出招标公告。

Of course it is a public tender-opening1.当然是公开招标。

Invitation to bid should also be advertised in at least one newspaper of general circulation in the borrower’s country.招标公告应在借款人本国至少一家全国发行的报纸上刊登。

The time allowed for preparation of bids should depend on2 the magnitude and complexity of the contract.招标所需要准备时间需视合同的规模和复杂程度而定。

Normally,no bidder should be permitted to3 alter his bid after the bid has been opened.一般来说,在招标以后,任何投标者都不能修改投标。

投标

A:Certainly,we shall provide a complete set of tender documents for you and you will be able to study the requirements.The expenses involved will be charged to your account,though.当然,我们会给贵方一整套投标文件,贵方可以研究有关的要求,但费用由贵方负担。

B:Well,no problem.By the way,do we need to guarantee in any way for our participation in the tender?好,没问题。顺便问一下,参加投标,我方必须提供某种方式的担保吗?

延伸 Where is the tender document to be sent?To whom,please?请问标书寄到什么地方?寄给谁?

When do you expect to4 open the tender?And where,please?请问贵公司预计什么时候招标?在哪儿招标?

Before submitting the tender,we must get all the details about the bid conditions.投标前我们必须知道招标条件的细节。

We are very interested in this bid,and we will do our best to win the award.我们对这次招标非常感兴趣,我们一定会尽力争取中标。

场景词汇

1 public tender-opening 公开招标 2 depend on 取决于

3 be permitted to 被允许 4 expect to 预计

申请代理

A:Last year our turnover was 40,000 shirts and this year we can buy extra 40,000 shirts.So the total annual sales volume would amount to 80,000 pieces.去年我们的销量是4万件,今年我们再增加4万件,总销量为8万件。

B:All right.We’ll consider appointing you as our sole agent for our silk shirts for the next five years in your local market.好的。我们会考虑指定您为我方丝绸衬衫在你方市场的独家代理,为期5年。

延伸 Please don’t refuse our application of being your agent.请你们不要拒绝我们成为代理人的请求。

We have many advantages to be your sole agent.我们有诸多优势可成为你们的独家代理。

We wish to be the agent for the goods you are exporting.我们愿意担任你们的出口商品代理。

I am here today to apply for the sole agency of your product in our local market.我今天来是为了申请做贵方产品在我国市场上的独家代理机构。

送别客户

A:It was very nice of you both to take me to the airport.谢谢你们两位把我送到机场来。

B:Oh,it’s our pleasure.You’ll keep in touch with us at the office,won’t you?哪儿的话。您仍会通过这儿的办事处跟我们保持联系,是吧?

延伸 I’m glad to have met you,Mr.Smith.很高兴和您见面,史密斯先生。

I’m looking forward to our next meeting.我期盼我们下次的见面。

I’ll see you soon.So long.很快就会再次见到您。再会。

Thank you for everything you did for us.感谢您为我们所做的一切。

I’m sorry you’re unable to stay in Beijing a little longer.您不能在北京多待一些日子,为此我感到很遗憾。

I promise I’ll take the first chance to call on you when I get there.我答应到您那里时,一有机会就去拜访您。

CHAPTER 1 日常交际

5 情绪

你一定要会说的场景句

1.不要担心。

Don’t worry.

2.别这么发愁了,一切都会好起来的。

Don’t be so upset.Everything will be OK.

3.太突然了!

It was so unexpected!

4.熟能生巧。

Practice makes perfect.

5.你能告诉我秘密何在吗?

Can you tell me where the secret is?

6.我没有发现我说错了什么。

I don’t see anything wrong in what I said.

7.我听说你的老板是个脾气暴躁的人。

I was told your boss is a very hot-tempered man.

8.你搞错了。

You’re all wet,actually.

9.失败是成功之母。

Failure is the mother of success.

10.做事之前应该先征求我的意见。

You should have asked for my opinion before you did it.

11.我很粗鲁,我道歉。

I apologize for my rudeness.

12.它和你的围巾很相配。

It matches your scarf perfectly.

13.我不知道是怎么成功的。

I was wondering how it would go over.

14.难以置信,太便宜了!

It’s incredible.It’s so cheap!

15.我觉得男主人公不如女主人公演得好。

I consider the hero’s acting is inferior to the heroine’s.

鼓励

A:I didn’t realize it was so difficult.我没意识到会这么难。

B:Don’t worry.I’m sure you’ll do better next time.不要担心,我保证你下次一定会做得更好的。

延伸 Keep at it!别松劲儿!

Keep it up!坚持下去!

Never mind! 别在意!

Keep your chin up!别灰心!

Try again!再试一次!

Stick to it!坚持下去!

You’re coming along1 well.你进展很好。

Be of good cheer.不要垂头丧气。

I’m right behind you!我做你的后盾。

I’m very proud of2 you.我很为你骄傲。

Don’t be afraid.I’ll help you.别害怕。我会帮助你的。

There’s nothing to feel discouraged.没有理由感到气馁。

安慰

A:Why do you look so depressed?你怎么看起来这么消沉?

B:My boss criticized me for what I did not do.我的老板批评了我,可我没做那件事。

A:Don’t be so upset.Everything will be OK.别这么发愁了,一切都会好起来的。

延伸 Steady on.镇定些。

I know how you’re feeling at the moment.我理解你此时此刻的心情。

Don’t eat your heart out.不要忧伤过度。

Don’t take it to heart.You’ll do better next time.别往心里去,下次你会做得更好的。

Take it easy.There must be some ways to compensate for it.轻松一点儿,一定会有办法补偿的。

遇到困难

A:Robbie,I’m sorry to hear your mother’s ill.罗比,听到你母亲病了我很难过。

场景词汇

1 come along 进展 2 be proud of 以……为骄傲

B:It was so unexpected.Just last week she was in great health.太突然了,上星期她还好好的。

延伸 Try and look on the bright side.尽量朝好的方面看吧。

Oh,we needn’t have worried about his health.哦,我们用不着为他的健康担心。

Let bygones1 be bygones.过去的事就让它过去吧。

Better luck next time.下次运气好一点儿吧。

Things don’t look too bright2 for us at the moment,but we’ll survive.目前的情况看起来对我们不太有利,不过我们会渡过难关的。

烦恼

A:The trouble with me is that I can’t speak the language well.我的烦恼是我说不好这门语言。

B:Try to practice more.As a proverb goes,“Practice makes perfect.”多练习练习。俗话说,“熟能生巧。”

延伸 But don’t fret3; everything will be all right!不要烦恼,一切都会好起来的!

Just try to take it easy.Don’t get upset.Everything will be all right.轻松点。不要烦恼,一切都会很顺利的。

请教

A:Can you tell me where the secret is?你能告诉我秘密何在吗?

B:You’re the master of your destiny.你是自己命运的主宰。

延伸 Keep going.You can make it.继续下去,你会成功的。

Where there’s life,there’s hope.留得青山在,不怕没柴烧。

Where is your ambition4?你的雄心壮志哪去了?

For a beginner,you are pretty good.作为一个初学者,你已经做得很不错了。

反驳

A:Stop it! You have the nerve to say so!住嘴!你竟然有脸说出这样的话!

B:I don’t see anything wrong in what I said.我没有发现我说错了什么。

延伸 I really can’t accept that.我实在无法接受。

I’m absolutely/completely5 against that.我坚决反对。

You keep pushing me like that.I can’t tolerate6 it any more.你总是那样逼我,我再也无法忍受了。

场景词汇

1 bygones 过去的事 2 bright 光明的,有希望的

3 fret 烦恼 4 ambition 雄心

5 absolutely/completely 绝对地,完全地 6 tolerate 忍受

Don’t put your nose into others’business.少管闲事。

It’s none of your business.不关你的事。

脾气不好

A:I was told your boss is a very hot-tempered man.我听说你的老板是个脾气暴躁的人。

B:I’m afraid what you were told about him is not quite right.If only you could meet him in person,you’ll know he’s very agreeable and capable.恐怕你听说的关于他的事不太对。只要亲自见一见他,你就会知道他很随和,并且很有才能。

延伸 That’s out of the question.那不可能。

What on earth do you want me to do?你到底要我干什么?

Who do you think you are?你以为你是谁?

纠正错误

A:I booked a single room here for tonight.我订了一个今晚的单人间。

B:Oh! You’re all wet,actually.This is not a hotel.The hotel is the building across the road.哦,你搞错了。这不是旅馆,旅馆是路对面的那座楼。

延伸 Not really.不是那样。

No,actually1 not.不,实际上不是。

That isn’t exactly right.不完全是那样。

Excuse me,but I don’t think that’s the right price.对不起,我认为价格不对。

You aren’t frying the eggs in the right way.你炒鸡蛋的方法不对。

Thank you for correcting2 me.感谢您纠正了我的错误。

希望

A:Do you mean I still have hope?你的意思是我还有希望?

B:Of course you do.Failure is the mother of success.你当然有希望,失败是成功之母。

延伸 The development area is very promising3!开发区大有希望!

Our nation is one of great hopes!我们的民族是大有希望的民族!

There are good prospects for growth in the retail sector4.零售行业增长大有希望。

He has a bright future as a painter.作为一个画家,他有着光明的前途。

场景词汇

1 actually 实际上 2 correct 纠正

3 promising 有希望的 4 retail sector 零售业

批评

A:You should have asked for my opinion before you did it.做事之前应该先征求我的意见。

B:Sorry,Mum.I will next time.对不起,妈妈。下次我会的。

延伸 You must be out of your mind.你一定是疯了。

Wise up!放聪明点儿!

Put up or shut up.要么你就去做,不然就给我闭嘴。

You should have done better.你原本可以做得更好的。

You’ve done a bad job.这件事你弄得很糟。

道歉

A:How can you do that to me?你怎么能那样对待我?

B:I apologize for my rudeness.我很粗鲁,我道歉。

延伸 Don’t bite my head off.别对我这么凶。

I’m terribly sorry.非常抱歉。

I’m sorry! I shouldn’t do that to you.抱歉,我不应该那样对你。

称赞

A:Of course,and it matches your scarf perfectly.当然,它和你的围巾很相配。

B:I got it for 90 Yuan in a sale.我是在一次打折销售时花90元买的。

延伸 Good job!干得好!

How lucky you are!你真幸运!

I admire1 the way you speak to your students.我钦佩你跟学生讲话的方式。

I must say the soup is really good.我得说这道汤的确很好喝。

I should say this shirt matches your trousers fabulously.我得说这件衬衫与你的裤子非常相配。

You have a beautiful laugh.你的笑声很动听。

场景词汇

1 admire 钦佩

回应称赞

A:That was an excellent speech.那场演讲很棒。

B:Thank you.I was wondering how it would go over.谢谢你。我不知道是怎么成功的。

延伸 Oh,isn’t that lovely!哦,真可爱!

Do you really think so?你真的这么想吗?

I’m just very lucky.我只是十分幸运罢了。

Oh,I had very little to do with it.哦,这与我没有什么关系。

Oh,I have a lot to learn yet.哦,我还有许多东西要学习。

惊奇

A:It’s incredible.It’s so cheap!难以置信,太便宜了!

B:You can get some good quality goods in low prices in a sale.减价时可以低价购买一些高质量的商品。

延伸 It seemed unthinkable1 that he should have done such a wicked thing.他竟干出了这样的坏事,真令人难以置信。

Oh my God! I’ve never seen a spider like that!我的老天!我从来没看到过像那样的一只蜘蛛!

Oh my God! That thing is huge.我的天哪!那东西实在很大。

比较

A:What do you think of the acting of the two main characters in the film?你觉得电影里两个主人公的演技怎么样?

B:I consider the hero’s acting is inferior to the heroine’s.Don’t you agree?我觉得男主人公不如女主人公演得好。你不这样认为吗?

延伸 They are of the same size/price.它们的尺寸/价格一样。

They both cost2 about the same.这两种东西的价格差不多。

She looks like her mother/takes after her mother in looks.她长得像她母亲。

Her marks are comparable with3 the best.她的成绩可与最好的相提并论。

场景词汇

1 unthinkable 不能想象的 2 cost 花费

3 be comparable with 与……相提并论

CHAPTER 1 日常交际

6 关于意见

你一定要会说的场景句

1.他对诗的评论你有什么见解?

What’s your reaction to his comment on poetry?

2.你认为新来的那个人怎么样?

What do you think of the newcomer?

3.怎样才能提高英语水平?

How can English be improved?

4.你认为新的销售计划怎么样?

What do you think of the new sales plan?

5.可我吸烟真的上了瘾。

But I’m really hooked on these cigarettes.

6.但是你为什么不试试嚼口香糖来代替吸烟呢?

Don’t you think it would be a good idea to try chewing gum instead of smoking?

7.你要每天多讲,这也许是一个好办法。

It might be a good idea if you practice speaking English every day.

8.我每天都会听英语电台节目。

I’d listen to English radio programs every day.

9.最好明天办理。

You’d better do it tomorrow.

10.很不好意思,又要你帮个大忙了。

I’m very sorry that I have a big favor to ask you.

11.要我帮你什么忙吗?

Can I help you in any way?

12.那你可帮了大忙。

T hat would be a great help.

13.不,没有必要。

No,there’s no need.

14.再说,住在那个地方太热,很难待下去。

Besides,it is too hot to live in such a hot place.

15.快点儿吧!

Get a move on!

征求意见

A:What’s your reaction to his comment on poetry?他对诗的评论你有什么见解?

B:It’s too abstract to me.对我来说太抽象了。

延伸 What do you feel?你觉得怎么样?

How do you like working here?你觉得在这儿工作怎么样?

How do you see things like this?你对这类事情是怎么看的?

How do you feel about being interviewed on TV?在电视上接受采访,你觉得怎么样?

意见看法

A:What do you think of the newcomer?你认为新来的那个人怎么样?

B:To me,she’s very kind and helpful.But she seems to be too quiet.在我看来,她非常热心,爱帮助人。但她看起来好像不太爱说话。

延伸 What are your feelings about life in Germany?你觉得在德国生活怎么样?

How about that girl?那个女孩儿怎么样?

I don’t think much of being an office worker,do you?我觉得当一名办公室人员没什么意思,你呢?

询问意见

A:In your opinion,how can English be improved?在你看来,怎样才能提高英语水平?

B:I think it’s very hard to make it clear in a few words.But first of all,you must be interested in it.And then,you should make constant efforts.我想这很难用几句话表达清楚。但是,首先你必须对它感兴趣。然后,你必须不断地努力。

延伸 Is it necessary to listen to some English songs?听英文歌曲有必要吗?

The way I see it,English songs are especially effective in fostering interest and improving pronunciation.在我看来,英语歌曲在培养兴趣和改善发音方面是很有效的。

询问看法

A:Well,what do you think of the new sales plan?你认为新的销售计划怎么样?

B:Basically,I think it’s a good plan.我想基本上可以。

延伸 What about the sales projections1?Do you think they’re realistic?那些促销计划怎么样?你认为实际吗?

Actually,I think they’re a bit too optimistic2.事实上,我认为有些过于乐观了。

吸烟有害

A:You smoke too much,I think.Why don’t you quit smoking,Anne?It’s bad for your health.我认为你吸烟吸得太多了。安妮,你为什么不戒掉呢?吸烟对身体有害。

B:Good.But I’m really hooked on these cigarettes.你说得对。可我吸烟真的上了瘾。

延伸 Try to give up smoking! It is harmful to your health.努力戒烟吧!吸烟有害健康!

Please give up smoking for your health.为了你的健康,请戒烟吧!

口香糖替代抽烟

A:Bill,it’s easier said than done.But you see,smoking helps me calm.比尔,说比做容易得多。你看,吸烟能使我保持镇静。

B:I see what you mean.Don’t you think it would be a good idea to try chewing gum instead of smoking?我知道你的意思了。但是你为什么不试试嚼口香糖来代替吸烟呢?

延伸 Don’t you think it would be a good idea if I let my hair grow out?如果我把头发留长,你觉得是不是更好一些?

It would be a good idea to have a discussion.讨论一下确实是个好主意。

I just don’t think that would be a good idea.我不觉得那是个好主意。

锻炼能力

A:I can’t speak English well.How can I improve my ability of spoken English?

我说不好英语。怎么才能提高我说的能力呢?

B:It might be a good idea if you practice speaking English every day.你要每天多讲,这也许是一个好办法。

延伸 It might be a good idea to leave him alone.让他一个人待着可能比较好。

Don’t you think it might be a good idea to foster a child?你不认为领养孩子是个好主意吗?

场景词汇

1 projection 计划 2 optimistic 乐观的

建议意见

A:I think so.我想也是这样。

B:And if I were you,I’d listen to English radio programs every day.我要是你,我每天都会听英语电台节目。

延伸 If you need any more help,please feel free to ask me.你如果还需要什么帮助,请尽管来问我好了。

I’d suggest that you had better lose 15 pounds.我建议您减掉15磅体重。

It’s only a suggestion.You may do what you like.这仅仅是一个建议。你自己看着办吧。

In my opinion1,it doesn’t amount too much.我认为这没什么了不起。

Can I offer you a suggestion/some advice/a piece of advice?我可以向您提个建议吗?

It might be a good idea to hold your breath.屏住呼吸可能是个好主意。

Let’s do something outdoors today.我们今天去户外活动吧。

给出建议

A:I need to draw some money.我需要取些钱。

B:You’d better do it tomorrow.The bank has been closed for half an hour.最好明天去办理。半小时前银行就关门了。

延伸 Now you are here,you’d better2 stay.既然你已经来了,最好就待在这儿。

You’d better go to see a dentist.你最好去看一下牙科医生。

You’d better call me every week,or else!你最好每周打电话给我,不然有你好看的!

寻求帮助

A:Kevin?Hi,it’s Alice.I’m very sorry that I have a big favor to ask you again.

凯文?你好,我是艾丽斯。很不好意思,又要你帮个大忙了。

B:How big,Alice?Last time you said that,and I ended up working overtime for 4 nights.多大的忙,艾丽斯?上次你就是这么说的,结果我连加了4个晚上的班。

延伸 Could you do me a favor?你能帮我一个忙吗?

Do you think you could help me to move the sofa?你能帮我搬一下沙发吗?

场景词汇

1 in one’s opinion 在某人看来 2 had better 最好

Could you give me a hand with this suitcase?I can’t close it.你能帮帮我的忙吗?我的箱子关不上了。

Dad,can you lend me some money?爸爸,能借点儿钱给我吗?

提供帮助

A:Can I help you in any way?要我帮你什么忙吗?

B:You can drive me to the bank if you want to.如果你愿意的话,就开车送我去银行吧。

延伸 Need a hand?要帮忙吗?Let me help you.让我帮您吧。

What can I do for you?我能帮您做什么吗?

Would you like me to set up the conference room?您想让我布置会议室吗?

Can I help you take out the garbage1?需要我帮您把垃圾带出去吗?

接受帮助

A:Would you like me to type it for you?要我给你把它打出来吗?

B:Yes,please.That would be a great help.Are you sure you don’t mind?好的,那你可帮了大忙。你真的不介意吗?

延伸 I’d be happy/glad to2 help.我很乐意帮忙。

I’d be happy/glad to give you a hand.我很乐意帮您一把。

If there’s anything I can do,please let me know.如果我能帮上什么忙的话,请告诉我好了。

You are most kind.您真是太好了。

It’s just lovely.真是好极了。

谢绝帮助

A:It could be quite easy.很容易就可以写出来的。

B:No,there’s no need.不,没有必要。

延伸 Not this time,thanks.这次不要,谢谢。

Thanks all the same,but I won’t.谢谢,不过我不要了。

That won’t be necessary.那就不必了。

Please don’t bother about3 it.这件事情不用费心。

场景词汇

1 garbage 垃圾 2 be happy/glad to 乐意做……

3 bother about 费心

It’s very kind of you,but I think I can manage myself.你真是太好了,不过我想我能行。

Thank you very much,but you really shouldn’t have done that.非常感谢你,不过你真的用不着这样做的。

劝说

A:I like Hainan,but traveling is very difficult at this time of the year.Besides,it is too hot to live in such a hot place.我喜欢海南,不过这个时节到那里旅游是很难的。再说,住在那个地方太热,很难待下去。

B:I heard Beidaihe is very beautiful.Have you been there before?我听说北戴河很美丽。你去过那里吗?

延伸 You’d better go at once.你最好马上去。

You must stick to the principle.你必须坚持原则。

Return to your work,and do that at once.回去工作,马上回去。

Do you think you could go a little slower?你看你能慢一点儿吗?

You’ve got to go back where you belong.你得回到属于你的地方去。

I don’t really think that would work because nobody is interested in1 it.我的确认为这不会有效果,因为没有人对它感兴趣。

I don’t want to talk you into accepting it,but it’s really convenient.我不想劝您接受它,不过它确实很方便。

催促

A:Gosh,it’s already 10.Get a move on!天哪!已经10点了!快点儿吧!

B:Since we’re late,let’s go to see a film.既然已经晚了,我们一起去看场电影吧。

延伸 Please be quick.请快一点儿。

Let’s make haste.It’s raining.我们赶紧吧,天下雨了。

Go on please; there is ten minutes to go.请继续(做),还有10分钟。

Perhaps you should start2 now.也许现在您该出发了。

You should get prepared3 now.你现在就该着手准备了。

Buck (yourself) up,or you’ll be late for the concert.快点儿,否则就赶不上音乐会了。

场景词汇

1 be interested in 感兴趣 2 start 出发

3 get prepared 着手准备