蜗牛慢吞吞
上QQ阅读APP看书,第一时间看更新

My haughty fighting spirit was gone without a trace.

路边躺着一具锹甲的尸体,

Beside the road there lay the body of a scarab

他巨大的身躯即便在死后也散发着强大的威慑力,

Even in death, his hulking corpse had an intimidating air.

让许多小虫不寒而栗。

Many little insects shuddered at the sight.

我此刻却没有丝毫的畏惧

Right then I did not have the slightest fear;

反而对他生出了一些怜悯。

I even felt a touch of pity for him,

想他生前雄霸的身躯曾经何等风光,

Thinking what an impressive figure he had cut while alive,

如今却也落得被虫蚁啃噬的下场,

But now he was reduced to being gnawed on by ants.

原来外表的凶悍并不是真正的勇敢和坚强。

In the end surface ferocity is not true courage and strength.

我有些累了,

I felt a bit tired,

藏到一片叶子下面休息,

So I hid under a leaf to rest.

空中飘下一阵浓雾,

A cloud of thick mist floated down from the sky,

夹着一股强烈的农药气息。

Bringing a thick smell of pesticide.

我马上警惕,

I was on guard immediately,

准备躲进壳里。

Ready to pull back into my shell.

却听见地上传来呼救的声音,

I could hear cries for help, coming from close to the ground.

叶子下露出一只西瓜虫挣扎的身影。

A pill-bug was thrashing about under a leaf.