海外生存英语36计
上QQ阅读APP看书,第一时间看更新

36计之七:省时又省钱的公车和地铁

对于市内交通方式,公车和地铁应该是留学生在国外主要的选择。地铁的搭乘和我们国内的程序基本没有太多的差异,但公车就有些不同。

词汇短语

Danni’s Tips:搭公车

·公车没有售票员,请主动投币和刷卡。

·前门上车,后门下车。

·乘客上车后通常都和司机打声招呼,尤其是早上。

·快到站时要按扶手上的按钮,否则司机不会停车,避免坐过站的尴尬。

·有的国家座位坐满后就不允许再上乘客(很少会碰见这种情况)。

场景会话

Dialogue 1:搭乘公共汽车

Peter:Hi,Mary.

嗨,玛丽。

Mary:Hi,Peter.

嗨,彼得。

Peter:You look so tired.

你看上去很累。

Mary:Yes.You know it’s too far to walk from school to our house.

是的。从学校走着回家太远了。

Peter:Why not take a bus?

为什么不搭乘公交车呢?

Mary:I just got to Sheffield last week.I don’t know how to take a bus.

我上周才来谢菲尔德。我还不知道怎么搭乘公车呢。

Peter:Okay.I will tell you how to take a bus to campus.

好吧,我来告诉你如何搭乘公车到学校。

Mary:You are so nice.

你人真好。

Peter:The nearest bus station is at Park Road.You should take A23,g et off after 3stops at West-Bank,and then change to Route 8 to our campus.

最近的车站在公园路。你先搭乘A23路,3站后在西银行站下车,然后换乘8路到我们学校。

Mary:How long is the ride?

要搭乘多久?

Peter:About 15 minutes.

大概15分钟。

Mary:Right.

好的。

Peter:Do you have a bus card?

你有公车卡吗?

Mary:No.

没有。

Peter:You can get one from the Student Union of our school.

你可以到我们学校的学生会办理一张。

Mary:Okay.

好的。

Peter:There is no conductor on the bus so you can swipe the card or put the exactamount in the fare box near the driver.

公车通常没有售票员,你需要上车后刷卡或把钱投进司机旁边的投币箱内。

Mary:I know.Should I press a button when I get off at the next stop?

我知道。如果我下站下车需要按按钮对吧?

Peter:Sure.

当然。

Mary:OK.I will buy a bus card tomorrow.

好的。我明天就去买张公车卡。

Peter:You can apply for a young person card.

你可以申报一张学生卡。

Mary:Is there a discount?

会打折吗?

Peter:Of course.

当然。

Mary:Great.Thanks a lot.

太棒了。多谢你了。

Peter:My pleasure.

不客气。

Dialogue 2:搭乘地铁

Passenger:Excuse me,sir.

打扰一下,先生。

Clerk:Yes.Can I help you?

是的。有什么需要帮忙吗?

Passenger:Can I take a subway to Center Park?

我可以坐地铁到中央公园吗?

Clerk:Sure.Take Line Two,please.

当然。请搭乘2号线。

Passenger:Don’t I have to change?

我还需要换车吗?

Clerk:Sure.Please transfer to Line One at Geary stop.

是的。请在格瑞站换乘1号线。

Passenger:How many stops do I have to take to Center Park?

我要坐几站才能到啊?

Clerk:Seven stops,not too far.

总共七站,不远。

Passenger:Thanks.By the way,how much is the ticket?

谢谢。请问地铁票多少钱?

Clerk:I am not sure.You can buy a ticket over there and then put it in the slot and gothrough the turnstile.

我也不确定。您可以去那边买票,然后把票放进投票口穿过栅门就可以了。

Passenger:Yes,I see.Thank you so much.

好的,我明白了,多谢您的帮助。

Clerk:You are welcome.

不客气。