第二节 旅行参考
旅行须知
会话 Conversation
Julia is going abroad for the first time, so she asks Steven for some advice.
茱莉亚即将第一次出国,所以她向史蒂文询问一些建议。
Julia: Steven, I'm going abroad by plane for the first time tomorrow. Can you give me some advice? And what should I pay attention to?
茱莉亚:史蒂文,我明天第一次乘飞机出国。你能给我一些建议吗?我应该注意哪些事项呢?
Steven: First, you should have enough sleep to get over the jet lag before the departure. Most people will suffer from jet lag for a few days after a long flight.
史蒂文:首先,你在出发前要有充足的睡眠来克服时差。多数人在长途飞行后都会有几天时差不适。
Julia: I will go to bed early tonight.
茱莉亚:我今晚会早点睡。
Steven: Do you have an airsickness?
史蒂文:你晕机吗?
Julia: I don't know. But I have a carsickness.
茱莉亚:我不知道,但是我晕车。
Steven: You'd better take some medicine for airsickness.
史蒂文:你最好带一些晕机药。
Julia: Thank you.
茱莉亚:谢谢你。
句式急救箱
时差
1.I get jet lag for a week after traveling overseas.
我出国旅游之后一周都会有时差反应。
2.After the long journey, the jet lag made her uneasy.
经过长途旅行,时差令她很不舒服。
3.I always get bad jet lag when I travel.
每次旅行我都很难适应时差。
4.I felt completely disorientated with the jet lag.
时差使我感到昏昏沉沉的。
5.I staved off jet lag with a bath and an early night.
我洗了个澡又早早睡下,以此来避免时差反应。
6.I'm still suffering from jet lag after my trip to America.
在飞往美国之后我仍然因为时差而感到不舒服。
7.I always have trouble with jet lag.
我一直都有时差综合症。
8.We have jet lag for nearly seven hours.
我们有将近7个小时的时差。
9.Most people suffer from jet lag after a long flight.
多数人在长途飞行后都会感到时差不适。
10.What's the time difference between the two places, Miss?
小姐,这两个地方的时差是多少?
11.Jet lag is a problem that every international traveler may come across.
时差反应是每一个国际旅行者都可能遇到的问题。
12.I just need more sleep to get over my jet lag.
我只是需要多睡一会儿来调整时差。
13.Have you adjusted to the time difference?
你适应时差了吗?
14.Are you still feeling jet lag?
你还有时差反应吗?
15.This is the result of jet lag and travel fatigue.
这是时差反应和旅行疲惫的结果。
16.Have you got over the jet lag?
你的时差反应调整过来了吧?
身体状况
1.May I have another airsickness bag?
再给我一个晕机呕吐袋好吗?
2.Do you have any motion sickness medicine, Bob?
鲍勃,你带晕车药了吗?
3.Is there any airsickness bag?
有晕机呕吐袋吗?
4.Do you need to go to hospital?
你要去医院吗?
5.Do you get airsick?
你晕机吗?
6.The swing of the ship made many people seasick.
船的摇晃使许多人晕船了。
7.He got seasick during the voyage.
他在航行中晕船了。
8.Do you have any medicine for airsickness?
你们有晕机药吗?
9.Most passengers of the ship were seized with nausea during the storm at sea.
在风暴中,船上的大多数乘客都晕船了。
10.Can I take the window seat in case of carsickness?
为免晕车,我可以坐在靠窗户的座位上吗?
11.Could you give me some medicine for airsickness?
能给我一些晕机药吗?
12.She gets sick when she rides in a bus.
她乘公共汽车时晕车。
13.We have a special method to relieve motion sickness.
我们有特别的办法来缓解晕车。
14.If you sit at the back of the bus, you may feel travel sick.
如果坐在汽车后面,您可能会晕车。
15.You loathe the smell of gas when you are carsick.
当你晕车的时候,会讨厌汽油的味道。
16.The physician made a prescription against sea sickness for him.
医生给他开了个治晕船的药方。
17.You loathe the smell of greasy food when you are seasick.
当你晕船时,你会厌恶油腻食物的气味。
18.Would you drive a little slower, please?
你能开得慢点吗?
19.We should take along some pills just in case we get airsick.
我们应该带些药片来预防晕机。
20.I am feeling a bit airsick.
我觉得有点晕机。
21.He suffers from carsickness.
他晕车。
22.He got carsick and heaved his lunch.
由于晕车他把午饭吃的东西都吐出来了。
天气状况
1.What do you think of the weather today?
你觉得今天的天气如何?
还可以这样说What's the weather like today?
2.Nice weather, isn't it?
天气很好,不是吗?
3.It must have rained last night, for the road is wet.
路面是湿的,昨晚肯定下过雨。
4.I don't like the weather like this: cold and rainy.
我不喜欢这样的天气,寒冷而且下着雨。
5.It's certainly a big improvement over yesterday.
今天的天气比昨天好多了。
6.There was a shower this afternoon.
下午下了一场阵雨。
7.It was raining cats and dogs yesterday.
昨天下着倾盆大雨。
8.It's been windy all morning.
整个早上都有风。
9.But it's supposed to get windy again this afternoon.
但是今天下午可能又要刮大风了。
10.It's about twenty-three degrees centigrade this morning.
今天早上大约有23摄氏度。
11.The weather is disappointing.
天气真糟糕。
12.How was the weather yesterday?
昨天天气怎么样?
13.It's a fine day.
今天天气不错。
14.The weather forecast says tomorrow will be sunny.
天气预报说明天会是晴天。
15.It is growing cool.
天气变得凉爽起来。
16.It is much colder today than yesterday.
今天比昨天冷了很多。
17.The days are getting longer with the coming of summer.
随着夏天的到来,白天变得越来越长。
18.It seems rainy.
天似乎要下雨了。
19.It'll probably clear up this afternoon.
今天下午可能会转晴。
20.What will the weather be like tomorrow?
明天会是什么天气?
景点介绍
会话 Conversation
Steven wants to visit the Fragrant Hills in Beijing, but he doesn't know about it. Now he is asking his friend Wang Gang in Beijing.
史蒂文想参观北京的香山,但他对香山不了解,所以向他在北京的朋友王刚询问。
Steven: Do you know how to go to the Fragrant Hills in Beijing? I've heard that they are very famous in China.
史蒂文:你知道怎么去北京的香山吗?我听说它在中国非常有名。
Wang Gang: Yes. Especially in autumn, the red leaves of the maple trees make the whole mountain red.
王刚:没错,特别是在秋天,红色的枫叶把整座山都染红了。
Steven: That must be very beautiful.
史蒂文:那一定很漂亮。
Wang Gang: Yes, it can make people feel as if they were in the land of fairies.
王刚:当然,它让人感觉如临仙境。
Steven: Really? Have you ever been there?
史蒂文:真的吗?你去过那里吗?
Wang Gang: A couple of times.
王刚:我去过几次。
Steven: Can you go there with me? I'd like someone who is familiar with that area to go with me.
史蒂文:你能和我一起去吗?我想找个熟悉那里的人和我一起去。
Wang Gang: Sure. I'd be very glad to be your tour guide.
王刚:好的,我很乐意做你的导游。
句式急救箱
自然景观
1.What are the characteristics of the scenic spots?
景点的特色是什么?
2.The hill and woods diversify the landscape.
山丘和树林点缀了景色。
3.Would you recommend some well-known resorts to visit?
你可以推荐一些知名的旅游景点吗?
4.Hawaii is called an island paradise.
夏威夷被称为海岛乐园。
5.The West Lake is known as the most beautiful lake in China.
西湖被誉为中国最美丽的湖泊。
6.Imagine sitting on the beach and enjoying the beauty of nature.
想象一下,坐在沙滩上,欣赏大自然的美好风光。
7.Autumn in New York is always sunny and beautiful.
纽约的秋天总是阳光明媚,风景优美。
8.It's said that Mount Fuji is the highest mountain in Japan.
据说,富士山是日本最高的山。
9.We shall never forget the beauty of that lake.
我们永远不会忘记那个湖泊的美景。
10.The red leaves of maple trees in the Fragrant Hills are the most charming autumn scenery in Beijing.
香山红叶是北京最迷人的秋色。
11.The landscape of Huangshan at sunset is one of the most breath-taking sites in China.
日落时分的黄山风景是中国最令人惊叹的风景之一。
12.The leaves make the whole mountain red.
树叶把整座山都染红了。
13.The West Lake has lots of beautiful scenic spots, historical sites and moving legends.
西湖风景优美,而且有著名的历史古迹和感人的爱情传说。
14.Wow, what a beautiful view!
哇,风景真美!
15.Yunnan is the most beautiful place I have ever visited.
云南是我去过的最美丽的地方。
16.It makes us feel as if we were in the land of fairies.
它使我们感觉如临仙境。
17.Another special characteristic of Guilin is its weirdly-shaped mountain grottoes.
桂林的另一特色是形态怪异的岩洞。
18.The foreign tourists marvel at the fine view of the West Lake.
外国旅游者惊叹于西湖的优美景色。
19.Known for its beautiful landscape, Shangri-la is attracting an increasing number of tourists.
以美丽山水著称的香格里拉,吸引了越来越多的游客。
20.The scenery is beautiful near Hawaii.
夏威夷一带的风光非常美丽。
21.Hawaii is a famous tourist resort.
夏威夷是一个著名的旅游胜地。
22.The bay is noted for its enchanting scenery.
这个海湾以迷人的景色闻名。
人文景观
1.Sydney's "Old Town" is unique and attractive.
悉尼的老城独一无二、魅力无限。
2.The Summer Palace is one of the most famous Imperial Gardens.
颐和园是中国最著名的皇家园林之一。
3.Pyramid is a sight that I most wish to have a look.
金字塔是我最希望看到的景观。
4.What an ingenious layout! It completely incorporates its natural surroundings.
这个设计太巧妙了,充分利用了周围的自然条件。
5.Both the Summer Palace and the Temple of Heaven are the famous places I want to visit.
颐和园和天坛都是著名景点,我都想去。
6.Is this the place where the Terra Cotta Warriors were discovered?
这里就是发现兵马俑的地方吧?
7.The Great Wall is one of the well-known historic sites in the world.
长城是世界著名的历史古迹之一。
8.There are about 6,000 terra cotta figures and horses here. And they are life-size.
这里大概有6000件陶俑和陶马,大小跟真人和真马相同。
9.The Great Wall is indeed great. To build walls amongst high mountains is not easy.
长城确实了不起,在崇山峻岭之间修筑城墙并不容易。
10.There are so many exhibition halls. Which one should we go to first?
这么多展厅,我们先看哪个呢?
11.There are halls, pavilions, corridors and bridges almost everywhere in the Summer Palace.
颐和园里亭台楼阁和回廊小桥比比皆是。
12.Yeah, it was also recognized as a world cultural legacy by UNESCO in 1988.
是啊,1988年还被联合国教科文组织列为世界文化遗产。
13.The Forbidden City is the imperial palace for the Ming and Qing Dynasties. Now it is referred to as the Palace Museum.
紫禁城是明清两代的皇宫,现在被称作故宫。
14.The Forbidden City must be the most famous cultural relic in China, huh?
故宫一定是中国最著名的文化遗址,对吧?
15.From the look of this picture, the Forbidden City is well-preserved.
从照片上看,故宫保存得非常好。
16.With more than 500 years of history, the Forbidden City is the largest and most well-preserved imperial residence in China.
故宫有500多年的历史,是中国最大的、保存最完整的皇宫建筑。
17.This is the Terra Cotta Warriors Museum.
这是兵马俑博物馆。
18.Let's start with the first pit. It is the first exhibition hall opened to public.
先看一号坑展厅吧,它是最早开放的展厅。
19.That's why it's crowned as the Eighth Wonder of the World.
这就是兵马俑被誉为世界第八大奇迹的原因。
20.The Pyramid is among the Seven Wonders of the World.
金字塔是世界七大奇观之一。
必备物品
会话 Conversation
Steven is going to Thailand. Now he is preparing for the trip.
史蒂文要去泰国,现在他正在为旅行做准备。
Tom: What are you doing, Steven?
汤姆:你在干什么呢,史蒂文?
Steven: I'm going to Thailand tomorrow. Now I'm packing my luggage.
史蒂文:我明天要去泰国。现在我正在收拾行李。
Tom: What will you bring along when traveling?
汤姆:你要带什么行李去旅行?
Steven: I will take some clothes to change and the cleaning items.
史蒂文:我会带一些换洗衣服和洗漱用品。
Tom: Have you packed the camera yet?
汤姆:照相机装好了吗?
Steven: Yes. I've already put it in my suitcase.
史蒂文:是的,我已经把它放入旅行箱了。
Tom: Pack some necessary medicine in your carry-on.
汤姆:在随身携带的行李内放些必备药品。
Steven: I almost forgot it. Thank you!
史蒂文:我差点忘了。谢谢你!
句式急救箱
现金
1.I am going to the bank. I need to cash some checks.
我要去银行。我要将支票兑换成现金。
2.I want to exchange some Japanese yen.
我想换一些日币。
3.Will you take a lot of money with you?
你会带很多钱吗?
4.I plan to take some cash and then withdraw money at the ATM in Japan.
我计划带点现金,等到了日本再用提款机取钱。
5.Do you have the bank card in America?
你在美国有银行卡吗?
6.Do you want to take out money with a bank card?
你想用银行卡取钱吗?
7.What is the exchange rate of US dollar to RMB now?
现在美金兑人民币的汇率是多少?
8.How much money do you have with you?
你带了多少钱?
9.They fixed us up with tickets and money for the journey.
他们为我们的旅行准备了车票和费用。
行李
1.I need a few things, just clothes.
我带的东西很少,一些衣服而已。
2.What will you bring along when traveling?
旅行时你将带什么行李呢?
3.We are getting things together in preparation for the journey.
我们正在为旅行准备行李。
4.Before traveling I need to buy a suitcase.
在旅行之前我需要买一个手提箱。
5.I will bring a large trunk and a bedroll for a long journey.
长途旅行时我会带上一个大箱子和一卷铺盖。
6.She packed a change of clothes for the weekend.
她已收拾好周末度假的一套换洗衣物。
7.A few of personal belongings are OK.
带一些随身物品就可以。
8.Have you packed the towel yet?
你装好毛巾了吗?
9.Her possessions could fit in one suitcase.
她的物品可以装在一个手提箱内。
10.I've already put it in my bag.
我已经把它放入包里了。
11.What I want is a canvas traveling bag.
我要的是一个帆布旅行袋。
12.All the luggage has been strapped up.
所有行李都已捆扎好了。
13.Mr. Smith is busy packing, because he is leaving for London tonight.
史密斯先生正忙着收拾行李,因为今天晚上他要动身去伦敦。
14.We always leave our packing to/till the last moment.
我们总是到临行前才收拾行李。
15.We will leave tomorrow, but I haven't begun to pack yet!
明天动身,但我现在还没开始收拾行李!
16.Have you seen my luggage?
你看到我的旅行袋了吗?
17.I need to pack for the trip to the beach.
我需要打点行装,好去海滩旅行。
18.Pack some medicine in your suitcase.
在手提箱里放一些药。
19.He took clothes to change with him.
他随身携带了更换的衣物。
20.Most tourists bring only some personal things they will need for their trips.
大多数的旅游者只是带一些旅途需要的个人物品。
21.I've been packing up, ready to go.
我一直在收拾行李,准备出发。
其他
1.Is everything set for your trip?
你的旅行准备就绪了吗?
2.You'd better start getting ready for it now.
你最好现在开始做准备。
3.He packed his bags in preparation for the journey.
他整理好提包,为旅行做准备。
4.The children made arrangements for their trip to Hawaii.
孩子们为去夏威夷的旅行做了准备。
5.Have you got ready for the journey to England?
你做好准备去英国旅行了吗?
6.I'm preparing for my Labour Day trip.
我在为劳动节旅游做准备。
7.They are preparing food and drinks for their trip.
他们正在为旅行准备食品和饮料。
8.Are you all set for the journey?
你们做好旅行准备了吗?
9.They began to make preparations for this journey.
他们开始为这次旅行做准备。
10.These medicines are prepared for this tour.
这些药物是为了这次旅行而准备的。
11.I heard he was making arrangements for his journey.
我听说他正在为旅行做准备。
12.Let's get ready for the trip.
让我们为旅行做准备吧。
13.Have you decided on the details of your journey?
你确定好旅行的细节问题了吗?
14.She has got ready for a journey.
她已经做好了旅行的准备。
15.I'll call the travel agency to book tickets after finalizing the details.
等把具体细节定下来,我就给旅行社打电话订票。
16.Our plans for the trip are all set.
我们的旅行准备工作都做好了。
17.They packed luggage for the long journey.
他们为长途旅行准备行李。
18.What should we prepare for the tour?
我们该为旅行准备些什么?
19.The traveler equipped himself for a long journey.
旅行者为长途旅行准备行装。
旅行小指南
旅行准备提前做
有出行计划的朋友,要提前做好出行准备,以确保旅途的顺利进行。
在制定出行计划时,可以提前在网上查询旅游景点的相关介绍。如果计划去长途旅行,要先确定旅游景点;如果是进行短途旅行,景点的选择会相对灵活些。
对于旅行方式的选择,可以是跟团旅行,也可以选择自助游。不过,自助游相对来说需要做更多的准备。除自驾游之外,旅行前通常需要预订好车票、船票或是机票,并且安排好住宿酒店。
此外,也需要提前查询景点的天气状况,以便准备合适的衣物。出行时,最好穿些宽松而舒适的衣服和鞋子,并且带上常用的感冒药、消食片以及创可贴等,以防万一。